Metagames

Metagames (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/)
-   Dreamcast (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/dreamcast/)
-   -   [Projet] Traduction des sous-titres de Shenmue 1 et 2 (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/dreamcast/projet-traduction-des-sous-titres-de-shenmue-1-et-2-a-65066.html)

Hiei- 03/02/2012 11h18

Nice to know you found the problem :)

By the way, an english subbed version with japanese audio would be nice, too bad no one never did one (but it's time-consuming so that's probably why).

No to mention it would help people who wants to translate it, as the audio work will be already done :D

Too bad the japanese and english versions don't share the same names for AFS Files, because right now, you're more or less have to be able to read japanese to do an undub version.

kogami-san 03/02/2012 18h08

J'ai trouvé une petite astuce pour ceux qui veule inclure les sous titre anglais sur les voix japonaise, procurez vous Shenmue US

http://www.segagagadomain.com/dc-cov...nmue-front.jpg

Et récupéré tout les .AFS du jeu, dans chaque fichier vous aurez le sous titre Japonais et US, du coup c'est plus simple de savoir à quoi correspond chaque sous titre Japonais, il suffit (même si vous ne savez pas lire le japonais) de faire une recherche de la phrase japonaise pour retrouver juste en dessous la phrase US qui lui correspond.

Par contre il faut passer par un editeur hexa pour voir les textes car les outils de Siz ne prenne pas en compte ces fichiers, sa serais bien d'ailleurs qu'il écrive un outils juste pour dumper les textes.

Voilà quelques fichiers:
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/...ue_US_CD_1.zip

IlDucci 03/02/2012 18h11

Sorry for replying in English, but Shenmue II for the XBOX had also the double language hidden in the subtitles? I can more or less read French but I'm no good at all when it comes to writing it.

kogami-san 03/02/2012 18h44

Citation:

Envoyé par IlDucci (Message 1728982)
Sorry for replying in English, but Shenmue II for the XBOX had also the double language hidden in the subtitles? I can more or less read French but I'm no good at all when it comes to writing it.

I explained that the trick only for Shenmue 1

IlDucci 03/02/2012 18h50

I just double checked my DC and XBOX files and the double language trick is there as well (Although unneeded thanks to FamilyGuy/SMiTH releases).

DC PAL:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7...nmue2dcpal.jpg

XBOX PAL:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5...ue2xboxpal.jpg

Sorry for the size, I can't find the bloody thumbnail option.

CollectorSoul 03/02/2012 20h35

Hello again,

OK here is a detailed procedure because it seems like my last post was not clear enough (I am working on the guide):

1. Get a GDI form the PAL and the NTSC-J version and all tools you need.
2. Open the GDI's (one after the other) with GDI explorer and extract the whole content (make a folder for the J and the PAL and for each folder 4 additional forlders for the 4 disks)
3. Copy the extracted data from GDI 1 to a place where you want to make your editing in a folder (lets call it GDI1)
4. Go to \SCENE\01\STREAM in your extracted japanese original GDI, highlight all files in there and press CTRL + C (or right mouse button > copy)
5. Open now your extracted GDI1 folder you want to modify and paste all the files from step 4 in there (window will appear and ask you, answer with yes to all).

Now you have the japanese stream in your PAL game you "only" have to change the subtitles ...

6. Open your GDI1 folder and make a copy of a .afs file (lets say A0114.AFS) to a place like your desktop
7. Open afsutils, goto File > open files and choose the .afs on your desktop. Then goto Tools > mass extraction within your afsutils and extract the .afs in a folder on your desktop.
8. Open the AIO subtitles editor and goto File > open directory and choose the folder you created by mass extracting the original japanese afs
9. Click on the label in the file list and scroll around in the subtitle list and edit the stuff in the text box. After finishing it save it and close AIO.
10. Open afsutils again, goto Tools > AFS creator > File > import XML list, navigate to your modified folder with the new english subtitles and choose the XML file in there. Then goto File > Save afs and afsutils will create a new afs file.
NOTE: If you in AFS Creator mode ad only add a directory instead of choosing the XML your AFS file will be corrupted and it won't be possible to create a valid IDX file!
11. Now open idx creator (it is not necessary to check the "create with template" stuff) and browse for your modified afs file. Click on generate and look for some message like: idx successfully created. If idxcreator is not capable of generating a valid idx file most likely your afs file is screwed up.
12. Now highlight the modified .afs and the new .idx (both files shall have the same name as the original files!) and copy them in your GDI1 STREAM folder where the original files where.

To test whether it worked you should make an image file in cdi format (nulldc dreamcast emulator compatible) and test it on an emulator like nulldc.

13. Open bootmake and click on the browsing button to find your GDI1 and especially don't forget to browse for your IP.bin otherwise the game will not boot in the test. Also choose a destination where you want your .cdi to be created and hit run. It will take about 10min until it is done ...
14. Open nulldc emulator (nulldc needs DIRECTX9 to work properly, make sure you get it and install it!!) and browse for your .cdi. Change the keys for better control and look whether you were successfull or not.

If anyone finds an error correct me ^^

CollectorSoul 03/02/2012 20h47

@ Hiei-
I don't have to be capable of reading japanese. I can export the scripts with the Subtitles editor to a .xml file and open it with firefox. Then I go to google translate and translate all the sentences. For final checks (or if there were no japanese kanji on the .xml but some data trash) I got the original afs files from the PAL version so I have a chance to translate it right.

PS: The subtitles editor only shows some data trash instead of the japanese characters. It seems like Delphi is unable to manage kanji ....

Edit: The AFS files on disk 1 are largely the same in J and PAL (there are some minor differences). The main problem I saw is that the scripts within the afs files are not in the same order (f. e. Ryo says in PAL a sentence in line 4 and in J it is line 6 etc.)

@ Kogami-san
La version "US Shenmue" a des soustitres japonaises et les voix anglaises et je voudrais une version avec les voix japonaises et les soutitres anglaises.

@Ducci
I have never done any modifications on Shenmue 2 and so I don't know how I could help you. Maybe my more detailed guide has the information you were searching.

Hiei- 03/02/2012 22h43

Citation:

Envoyé par kogami-san (Message 1728980)
J'ai trouvé une petite astuce pour ceux qui veule inclure les sous titre anglais sur les voix japonaise, procurez vous Shenmue US

http://www.segagagadomain.com/dc-cov...nmue-front.jpg

Et récupéré tout les .AFS du jeu, dans chaque fichier vous aurez le sous titre Japonais et US, du coup c'est plus simple de savoir à quoi correspond chaque sous titre Japonais, il suffit (même si vous ne savez pas lire le japonais) de faire une recherche de la phrase japonaise pour retrouver juste en dessous la phrase US qui lui correspond.

Par contre il faut passer par un editeur hexa pour voir les textes car les outils de Siz ne prenne pas en compte ces fichiers, sa serais bien d'ailleurs qu'il écrive un outils juste pour dumper les textes.

Voilà quelques fichiers:
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/...ue_US_CD_1.zip

Pas besoin, si tu colles le japonais "mal rendu" de l'outil dans un traitement de textes japonais, ça te ressort le japonais correct de mémoire (ce n'est pas du tout pratique, mais ça peut suffire si c'est juste pour vérifier deux trois-trucs.

Pour le copier-coller, au boulot, Kogami :D

IlDucci 03/02/2012 22h56

Citation:

Envoyé par CollectorSoul (Message 1729004)
PS: The subtitles editor only shows some data trash instead of the japanese characters. It seems like Delphi is unable to manage kanji ....

The game's charset is SHIFT-JIS, or some Japanese standard? I thought the reason why the editors doesn't output Japanese was because the game had a character table with different codes for each kanji.

Shevel 03/02/2012 23h39

Salut à tous, vous ne me connaissez pas, je ne fais pas partie de l’équipe, mais je suis le projet depuis le début. Je bosse depuis 2h sur une version xbox jap sous titré fr et je suis arrivé à des résultats très concluant qui sont:

contenue du disc 1 entièrement en jap avec cinématique et freequest.

Pour le moment je n'ai pas un seul plantage et pas entendu une seule vois en anglais. Si vous êtes intéressé je vais l'avoir fini surement demain ou après demain.

Fuseau horaire GMT +1. Il est actuellement 05h46.