Metagames

Metagames (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/)
-   Dreamcast (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/dreamcast/)
-   -   [Projet] Traduction des sous-titres de Shenmue 1 et 2 (https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/dreamcast/projet-traduction-des-sous-titres-de-shenmue-1-et-2-a-65066.html)

IlDucci 08/02/2012 23h48

Citation:

Envoyé par Shendream (Message 1726775)
IlDucci I will answer you after the french release, don't worry.
Cheers.

After this release or the final version?

Shevel 09/02/2012 09h56

Pour le moment tout est ok, seulement trois voix en anglais répertoriée sur une grosse partie du jeu et quelques voix qui se chevauche, mais dans la globalité tout fonctionne sans souci.

Pour ce qui es du tuto, je ne pense pas que ce soit nescessaire. Il sufit juste de décompresser sont .iso avec cxbox tool, puis de décomprésser mes 5 patch (avec 7zip) à la racine du dossier Shenmue II.

D'autre version vont suivre pour corriger les quelques voix anglaise qui reste, mais vus que je ne sais absolument pas de quels fichier il sagit, il va falloir que je refasse les CD1 et 2 en entier.
J'attendrai donc la sortie de la version B.

Hiei- 12/02/2012 01h40

Citation:

Envoyé par IlDucci (Message 1729035)
The game's charset is SHIFT-JIS, or some Japanese standard? I thought the reason why the editors doesn't output Japanese was because the game had a character table with different codes for each kanji.

If I remember right, it's "Shift-JIS", or maybe "EUC", but it's easy to check by copy-pasting a dialog in JWPCE.

IlDucci 15/03/2012 20h48

I feel like shit necromancing this post, but I'm still looking for questions and finding other answers.

CollectorSoul 19/03/2012 21h36

Hey guys. Sorry for beeing absent so long. I had time to do some translating to test how good my guide is and i faced some problems with afs utils for shenmue 1.

It seems like afsutils is not working sometimes (reloading translated files from the folder via xml file into the afs creator tool, it does not show them and so you cant generate a new afs). I am now searching the error for this stuff.

I managed to completely translate Dialog A0114 from Disk 1 (the Shenmue Intro). I played it on nulldc and it was working perfectly (lip sync and text).

I hope i will soon be able to contribute a complete shenmue 1 translating tutorial to the shentrad team and i hope it will be posted on the page some day.

IlDucci 19/03/2012 21h49

Citation:

It seems like afsutils is not working sometimes (reloading translated files from the folder via xml file into the afs creator tool, it does not show them and so you cant generate a new afs). I am now searching the error for this stuff.
If it doesn't show some of the files, that's because they're not in the AFS. But if it doesn't show any of the files, like I suspect, that's because you changed the folders with the information. You see, the .XML also keep the exact direction in your HDD for the folder, so as soon as you change anything, you either edit the .xml, redump the AFS or you'll get nothing.

CollectorSoul 20/03/2012 16h59

Hey Ducci,

Thanks for the hint. I remember moving the folders around at least once and then it worked again. I'll do further researches today...

EDIT: OK it seems like it was really the folder moving thing what screwed the process, thank you Ducci!

EDIT: OK I'm now translating some more samples and google translator gives me weird things: The japanese characters for Hazuki are romanized as "Hadzuki" and "Lan Di" is romanized as Rantei. What do you guys think of that?

IlDucci 20/03/2012 20h43

Citation:

Envoyé par CollectorSoul (Message 1733723)
EDIT: OK I'm now translating some more samples and google translator gives me weird things: The japanese characters for Hazuki are romanized as "Hadzuki" and "Lan Di" is romanized as Rantei. What do you guys think of that?

I think it's just a matter of who's writing the characters, many japanese names can be written and pronounced in different ways. Just stick to what the English translation sent us; the autotranslator won't recognise with that precision.

CollectorSoul 23/03/2012 16h48

OK guys, I finished the updated version of the guide and I will try to make a demo video of the stuff I tinkered together so far.

PS: I will most likely post in the future with another username

CollectorSoul 04/04/2012 19h24

Hello guys,

I am still working on the guide. I added some other chapters now and I have to find out how to swap the vending machine files to get a original vending machine in my PAL version (with brands like coca cola)

Does anybody know where these files are stored?

Fuseau horaire GMT +1. Il est actuellement 16h30.