Afficher un message
Vieux 04/10/2017, 10h01   #330 (permalink)
krHACKen
Membre
Ancienneté  20%
Ancienneté 20%

Pays :
Téléchargements: 0
Uploads: 0
Merci: 215
Remercié 699 fois dans 441 Posts
Par défaut POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_PROTO_20171003

Citation:
Envoyé par El_Patas Voir le message
If you rewrote the compatibility modes, please you can provide them in TROJAN files?
No new TROJAN files needed. The old ones activate the rewritten compatibility modes, $COMPATIBILITY_0x## in CHEATS.TXT too.

Citation:
If the fixes for Metal Gear Solid have been removed then now the cutscenes works fine?
I haven't tried the other versions, but the French release plays the cutscenes no problem.

Citation:
Yes, Colin McRae 2.0 suffers constant "mini hangs" during gameplay which makes it
very annoying to play the game, now if this is fixed with the new
$CODECACHE_ADDON_0 is superb!
Thanks for confirming.

Citation:
I remember that there are more games in which the Mode 4 has no effect, this
new $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 command looks very interesting.
For curiosity, what makes exactly for fix this problems?
You mean, what does $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 do ? It removes a function call from the codecache (codecache = recompiler output). That function basically makes snapshots of the codecache chunks and tells the recompiler which chunks to recompile, depending on the VBLANK, SIO status and stuff... V-Rally and CMR2 somehow cause it to loop, wasting clockcycles and stalling the execution.
Most game don't work with $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 in CHEATS.TXT, because parts of the codecache aren't renewed as they ought. So, do not activate $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 with all your games. Same for $COMPATIBILITY_0x04. Only use them when it's needed.

Citation:
- Digimon World 2003 (Europe) - It have less screens where freezes, but at last i find
one when entering inside a second floor of a building.
Thank you for testing the games and reporting the DW 2003 freeze. I tried to debug it. Unfortunately the ENTIRE RAM gets filled with garbage data when it crashes, and I could not track down the origin. The game suffers of a massive memory leak I dunno where it comes from.
And this was displayed lol :

Citation:
Envoyé par shmoo Voir le message
Although it is possible to end the game, it is kind of annoying to have to skip any scene to avoid problems. It would be equivalent to playing Metal Gear Solid to the end jumping the cutscenes by pressing START.

Again, thank you very much.
Thanks very much for the detailed explanations and the VMC. I've added something in the new POPStarter build to skip this cutscene.

NEW PROTO : POPStarter_r13_WIP_06_PROTO_20171003.zip

Can't remember everything I did to POPStarter this summer... Some of the changes :
- Bugfixed : PS1 codes of type D (aka joker commands) were not working correctly
- "Support" for old SCEoA license sectors was added
- GetID (emulated CDROM controller command 0x1A) now returns the proper SCEx, matching the BIOS region and the VCD region
- POPStarter can now parse the ELF name off a full HDD launch argument
- Workaround to POPS not handling CDDA tracks pregaps/pauses, specifically for Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II and Ninja. One remaining messup on TR2 though : cutscenes (not FMVs) aren't synced with the audio, and the gap between audio/video gets worse as the cutscene is runnin, due to animation slowdowns. TR1 looked fine when I tried it. Ninja audio should start ~2 seconds too early or too late, because of non-existent pregaps.
- Did something for the PAL releases of Team Buddies but can't remember what. Perhaps that has something to do with the PAL patcher issue that was reported over at ElOtroLado...
- Proper LibCrypt key injection for NFS: Porsche 2000. Both the UK and the other release have the same volume descriptor, but different keys. POPStarter wrongly used the same key for the two versions, because of the VCD identifier design. I got that problem solved with a little trick. Now the race should stop resetting every 12 seconds (the actual LC protection), since the magic word is valid.
- Added $MUTE_CDDA to mute CDDA. And it's done automatically when you play a physical PS1 CDROM from the disc drive
- Added $MUTE_VAB to mute VAB/VAG/VB+VH based sounds/music on games. May be useful for these old games which output distorted SFX, wrong audio samples or stupid noises.
- Added $WIDESCREEN $ULTRA_WIDESCREEN and $EYEFINITY. Does not deal with stuff like HUDs, texts/fonts, menus, 2D backgrounds...

About $WIDESCREEN :
It's best to use the PS1 widescreen cheats from the hackers at forums.pcsx2.net. Unlike the game hacks, my GTE hack does not expand the rendering area for now, and may cause visible glitches like invisible textures, clipping, flying sprites (WTF Crash Bandicoot 2), wire distortion...
Example of PS1 cheat code vs. POPS GTE hack with Ape Escape :

See how the POPS GTE hack make it look broken (right), compared to the fine rendering with the hacked game (left).
Not all game look as messy as this one. Sometimes you don't notice any degradation... It varies from the games, the camera angles and the levels you play.
...maybe I'll rework that hack one day...

007_TND_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

APOCALYPSE_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

COOL_BOARDERS_3_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

CRASH_BANDICOOT_2_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

DIE_HARD_TRILOGY_2_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

DINO_CRISIS_2_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

EXHUMED_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

GHOST_IN_THE_SHELL_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

GRAN_TURISMO_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

MEDIEVIL_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

METAL_GEAR_SOLID_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

SOUL_REAVER_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

SYPHON_FILTER_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

TEAM_BUDDIES_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

TOMB_RAIDER_II_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

WIPEOUT_3_WIDE.JPG :
Spoiler

===============================================

Version française abrégée :

Les réponses :
- Les "nouveaux" modes de compatibilités recodés s'active de la même manière qu'avant, et avec les mêmes fichiers ou codes $ dans CHEATS.TXT
- D'après mes essais sur MGS (version FR uniquement), les cinématiques ne plantent plus et sont jouées sans problème
- Le but de $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 est d'enlever les liens du codecache vers une fonction critique. V-Rally et CMR2 se coincent dans cette fonction, $CODECACHE_ADDON_0 leur permet de ne pas l'invoquer, pour ne pas se coincer dedans et ne pas freezer/ralentir.
La plupart des jeux ne fonctionneront pas avec $CODECACHE_ADDON_0, alors ne l'utilisez qu'en cas de besoin (ne pas foutre ça sur tous les jeux par défaut)
- J'ai tenté de débugger Digimon World 2003 (Europe). Mais il vomit partout dans la mémoire en plantant, impossible donc de remonter à l'origine du bug.
- La cutscene de Megaman Legends qui fait planter POPS sera sautée automatiquement dorénavant.

Les nouveautés du proto (lien de téléchargement en gros) :
- Les codes PS1 de type joker devraient tous marcher maintenant
- POPStarter reconnait les licences $ony Computer Entertainment of America
- La commande GetID renvoie le bon SCEx (autrefois fixé sur SCEI dans POPS)
- POPStarter peut maintenant fonctionner quand il reçoit un argument HDD complet
- Les musiques de Tomb Raider 1 et 2 ainsi que celles de Ninja sont lues. Avec une désynchronisation horrible durant les cutscenes de Tomb Raider 2.
- J'ai fait quelque chose pour Team Buddies dont je ne me souviens plus
- Need For Speed Porsche 2000 devrait fonctionner. Un problème lié à sa protection LibCrypt et à la manière sont POPStarter reconnait les VCDs faisait redémarrer les courses après quelques secondes.
- $MUTE_CDDA rend les pistes CDDA muettes. Ca se fait automatiquement dans vous lancez un jeu depuis le lecteur CD.
- $MUTE_VAB pour rendre les SFX muets.
- $WIDESCREEN et $ULTRA_WIDESCREEN et $EYEFINITY. Font ce que leurs noms indiquent. Avec des résultats médiocres. Ca sera très probablement réétudié... Le mieux reste d'utiliser les codes de forums.pcsx2.net.

Dernière modification par krHACKen ; 05/10/2017 à 07h59. Motif: typos
krHACKen est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Ces 5 utilisateurs disent Merci à krHACKen pour ce poste utile:
antonioks (05/10/2017), El_Patas (05/10/2017), ShaoliAss (04/10/2017), shmoo (06/10/2017), Squaresoft74 (07/10/2017)