Afficher un message
Vieux 18/09/2015, 12h26   #4 (permalink)
ShaoliAss
French frog
Ancienneté  25%
Ancienneté 25%

Genre : Homme
Pays :
Téléchargements: 8
Uploads: 0
Merci: 122
Remercié 522 fois dans 355 Posts
Par défaut

Bon, ben OPL vient d'être arrêté. SP193 se retire du projet, et comme il est le seul à maintenir OPL à jour, ca signifie que la build 825 sera sans doute la "vraie" dernière...

L'annonce :

Citation:
Envoyé par SP193
Do you guys understand that POPS itself wasn't ever free? It used to be part of one of the games that SCEI put up on the PSBBN for download. You can own your PlayStation games, but I am sure that most of you never got that Bishi Bashi Champ game...

While I am all for emulation, I don't know what kind of light that SONY and the owners of OPL will see this extension under. Will they see it as us advocating the use of cracked software, or just as a homebrew thing?
Since this is a grey area, I have decided to abstain myself from this project. As I wrote, @jay-Jay is free to ask someone else to accept it.

joeuser38: that's because Jimmikaelkael wanted me to work on the project, in 2011. So development stopped after he disappeared in late 2011, after he got the C&Ds from SONY.
You can say what you want, but my rules on the repository are very simple: I don't own the project, so I don't make team decisions (i.e. who comes in). I don't make decisions that are in the grey region either.

Anyway, since nobody allows me to have this freedom to follow my own stand on ethics, then I am gone. Fairwell.
I have deleted my Bitbucket account, so all the best to you guys.

L'annonce officielle sur psx-scene :

Citation:
Envoyé par SP193
I, SP193, henceforth won't be maintaining OPL anymore.

While it was fun while it lasted, I feel that my job as a maintainer here has already lost its meaning. I am no longer able to touch my consoles on a daily basis anymore, so it makes no sense for me to be listed as the active maintainer anyway.

Due to personal matters, I feel that I should no longer be spending time on maintaining so many PS2 projects. Given that OPL itself is rather close to completion and is the largest project that I am working on, I have to let go of it.

I would like to thank all of you for your support for OPL.

Les raisons :

Spoiler

Une page se tourne pour la PS2...

Dernière modification par ShaoliAss ; 18/09/2015 à 13h15.
ShaoliAss est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Cet utilisateur dit Merci à ShaoliAss pour ce poste utile:
Allan58 (18/09/2015)